These babies have been a part of every family get-together, baby shower, housewarming party, etc we have had for years and they are always amazing. They are a great, savory appetizer or finger food.
- 8 ounces good white crabmeat, picked free of all shells
- 1 (5-ounce) jar Cheddar-horseradish spread (recommended: Kraft Old English)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
- Dash hot sauce or cayenne pepper
- 8 large toasted english muffins
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.In a large bowl, combine crab, cheese spread, mayonnaise, garlic powder, butter and hot sauce. Divide mixture evenly over bread rounds and spread. Score each round into quarters and place on a greased baking sheet. Bake until topping is heated through and golden brown on top, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Serve hot. These freeze and store well for drop-in company.