Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Classic Strawberry Shortcake



Growing up, our Strawberry Shortcake was usually served on a sponge cake bowl bought from the grocery store.  Remember these?







I did NOT like these.

They were dry and tasteless.


Then one day I had a strawberry shortcake dessert where the sponge cake was replaced with a light, fluffy homemade buttermilk biscuit.

Oh...
My...
Gosh!

It's amazing the difference that biscuit made.

Now, in a perfect world I would make my own biscuits from scratch, use fresh strawberries and homemade whipped cream.

But this is not a perfect world.  This is a world where I have to work 8 hours a day, go pick up my daughter from daycare, and slide by to get my hideous eyebrows waxed before i go home and cook supper.

So I used Pillsbury Grands Buttermilk biscuits, frozen strawberries in syrup ( I bought the store brand), and RediWhip (because I just love that stuff). 

And they were AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment