Yesterday I had another microdermabrasion treatment. It's just amazing how much better my skin looks after my treatments. I see a reduction in those fine lines around my eyes that drive me crazy, a more even color, and a glow as the dead skin has been blasted away. My esthetician, Jennifer at Westside Dermatology, blasted the top layer of skin with fine crystals until I was left with a healthy, glowing, new layer of skin. Microdermabrasion is a skin polishing technique that uses crystalized microparticles to smooth off and rub the top skin layer, removing the particles of dead skin to give it a smoother appearance.Microdermabrasion can:
- Eliminate age spots and black heads.
- Eliminate hyperpigmentation (patches of darkened skin).
- Exfoliate your skin, resulting in a refreshed appearance.
- Lessen the appearance of stretch marks.
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Reduce or eliminate enlarged pores.
- Treat acne and the scars left by acne.