Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 14, 2012

The Bachelorette

So The Bachelorette begins tonight at 9:30 on ABC and I have a confession to make....I've never EVER watched an episode of either The Bachelorette or The Bachelor.  The whole premise just sounds hokey to me.  Honestly, do these people really think they are going to find love while being followed by camera crews, dating 15 other people, secluded in a house with everyone else fighting for the same person?  I mean, come on!  I was single for a very, very, very long time and I dated a few guys before I met my husband.  It's tough out there in the real world so I can only imagine how tough it would be to get to know someone while filming a television show.  It just seems so unrealistic.

However...

Everyone seems so obsessed with these shows.  I'm all about some trash TV.  I'm not above some raunchiness.  I LOVE the Real Housewives franchise and I watch them all...religiously!  So, I'm going to give this new Bachelorette a shot.  I plan to watch tonight.  Maybe the fact that Emily Maynard is from Charlotte, NC which is only about an hour away from me will make it more interesting for me.  I love Charlotte, so maybe I'll see some familiar places while I watch.  That always makes it more exciting, when you can put a personal connection to it.  So, I'm caving and I'm going to watch tonight. 

I'll let you know what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment