Breakfast Casserole always makes me think of Christmas. Christmas morning at my parents' house is the only time of year I ever get it! But that shouldn't be the case. Breakfast Casseroles are great all year round! There are so many different recipes that I think we should try them all :)! The main reason I don't make them often is because, for most recipes, you have to make it the night before and refrigerate it overnight. I'm just not that organized! There are few evenings when I have the time, energy, or foresight to prepare breakfast for the next morning. This recipe, however, does not require overnight chilling! Sounds perfect.
- 1 8-ounce can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 pound Bob Evans Original Recipe Sausage Roll
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 °F. Crumble and cook sausage in medium skillet over medium heat until browned. Drain.
- Line bottom of greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish with crescent roll dough, firmly pressing perforations to seal. Sprinkle with sausage and cheese.
- Combine remaining ingredients in medium bowl until blended; pour over sausage.
- Bake 15 minutes or until set. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into squares; serve hot. Refrigerate leftovers.