Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 29, 2012

Parmesan Pull-Aparts

 





I do like bread, but I'll admit that I usually forgot about it at meals.  I don't forget to eat it, I forget to cook it.  My husband loves it!  He is constantly reminding me how good a biscuit would be with this meal, or how much a piece of cornbread would be with that meal.  I just forget about it.  I'm so wrapped up in the entree that I don't think about anything else until the end.  Then do I really want to postpone dinner another 10-20 minutes while I cook bread?  Even canned biscuits in the oven take at least ten minutes!
 
I've made it an early New Year's Resolution to be better at remembering the bread.  Here is one that looks delicious.
 
 
PARMESAN PULL-APARTS
Recipe adapted from: allrecipes.com


  • 2 cans (7.5 oz each) refrigerated Homestyle Biscuits (I used Butter Lovin!)
  • 3 tablespoons Butter, melted
  • 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried Parsley
  • 1 teaspoon dried Minced Onion
  • 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan Cheese
  • 1/3 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese


Directions: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a small bowl mix together the melted butter, garlic powder, dried parsley, minced onion and Parmesan cheese. Spread mixture in the bottom of a 9 inch glass pie plate. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese evenly over the top of the butter mixture.

Remove biscuits from cans. Place biscuits close together over the top of the cheese and butter mixture. (You might not need all the biscuits. I had a few left over that wouldn't fit)

Bake biscuits in the oven for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and let stand for 3 minutes. Turn biscuits upside down onto a serving plate. Serve warm!



















 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment