Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

CC: The New BB

 

I got my first BB on accident, really. 
 
I was looking for a good nighttime moisturizer and I went onto www.sephora.com to see what was out there.  In the moisturizer section, I came across Dr. Jart+ Beauty Balm.
 
 
  I didn't do my proper research before I ordered it.  If I had, I would have known what a beauty balm was.  I had never heard of it to be honest.  On the evening the package came in the mail, I washed my face to get ready for bed, then squeezed some of my new BB onto my finger and saw that it looked like foundation to me.  When I rubbed it onto my face, I realized it was, in fact, foundation.  I ran to google (of course, doesn't everyone?) and quickly found out that BB is actually just another name for tinted moisturizer.  While it wasn't something I wanted to sleep in, I have continued to use it in place of foundation on the weekends and I love it. 
 
Now there is a new trend, the CC Cream.  CC means Complexion Correction, or Color Control,  or Complete Coverage, depending on who you ask.  Alexandra Samuel from www.self.com wrote, "Think of it as BB on steroids; major bennies, more pigment, better looking skin.  Or, as a favorite ad of mine read, "AA+BB=CC."  That's anti-aging plus beauty balm equals CC Cream."

The first to hit the United States is Olay Total Effects CC Tone Correcting Moisturizer.  It became available this month.  Chanel also makes a CC but as of right now, it's only available in Asia. 
 
 











 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment