Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 19, 2012

A Witch's Tutu

 

A Wreath Bewitched

Reblogged from lemontreecreations.blogspot.com

I don't know about you, but when I think of holidays I automatically go for the "cute," especially when it come to Halloween! You can imagine that this love for all things holiday, cute and over the top lead to my most recent creation, a witch wreath.


It all started with the desire to make a tutu and hang it on my door. Alone I can assume the tutu would have been a bit much, but I was determined to make it work. So, I set to work and hot-glued (of course!) some inexpensive tulle to a small foam wreath.

Immediately I figured out that I needed some cute witchy legs to go with my tutu. I found a yummy combination of ribbons at one of my favorite craft hot spots and got right to work. I used thick, long purple ribbons to create the legs. Using hot glue I created some ruffled "leg warmers," topped with a little bow.

Next, I cut simple little witch shoes out of stiff black felt, and hot glued them under the ribbon details.

To personalize the wreath, I painted our last name on an inexpensive wooden plaque and hot glued it to the unfinished side of the tutu. I put all the other details together and I was finished!

I am mildly aware that this is a little crazy and over the top, but with that amount of polka dots I can't help but love it. Hopefully there is at least on idea of inspiration you can take form this and make it your own. If nothing else, just don't be afraid to be a little over the top when it comes to holiday decorating! It might surprise you how fun it is!






No comments:

Post a Comment