Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Fried Mozzarella Stix


The first time I ever had a fried cheese stick was when my aunt and uncle took me to Bennigans.  After the first bite, I was hooked!  I've never even thought of trying to make them myself but this recipe seems pretty simple. 

Ingredients

  • 12 pieces string cheese
  • 12 egg roll wrappers
  • Oil for deep-fat frying
  • Marinara or spaghetti sauce

Directions

  • Place a piece of string cheese near the bottom corner of one egg roll wrapper (keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use). Fold bottom corner over cheese. Roll up halfway; fold sides toward center over cheese. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and cheese.
  • In an electric skillet, heat 1/2 in. of oil to 375°.
  • Fry sticks, a few at a time, for 30-60 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with marinara sauce. Yield: 1 dozen.


http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Mozzarella-Sticks-2?_rid=838832.650200.781355&_mid=838832&pmcode=IKLDC05S

No comments:

Post a Comment