Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 8, 2012

DIY Jewelry Cleaner


I have always soaked my jewelry in amonia to get it clean.
I've heard that you can use toothpaste, too.
This recipe came along on Pinterest.
I'm gonna have to try it out!

Directions:

  1. Heat water in the microwave for 1 or 2 minutes.
  2. Cut a piece of aluminum foil that roughly covers the bottom of a small bowl (like a cereal bowl).
  3. Pour hot water into bowl. Place salt, soda, and dishwashing liquid into bowl. Place jewelry on top of foil and let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes. Rinse jewelry in cool water and dry jewelry completely with soft cloth. Discard solution after use and make a new batch next time.
  4. According to wire-sculpture.com, "this works well for gold-filled, brass, german (nickel) silver, and sterling silver. I have even cleaned jewelry with freshwater pearls, shell cameos and mother of pearl with no problem.".

No comments:

Post a Comment