When I am not working and home all day during the summer, I always get wrapped up in the food network. I can literally watch it for hours on end, making mental notes of the recipes I want to try. There are a few chefs on the network that I have come to trust completely, knowing that whichever recipe of theirs I try out, it will be delicious. Ina Garten is one of those chefs. This is her recipe and it is unbelievable!
- 1/2 cup gold tequila
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (5 to 6 limes)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (2 oranges)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh jalapeno pepper (1 pepper seeded)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (3 cloves)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 whole (6 split) boneless chicken breasts, skin on
Combine the tequila, lime juice, orange juice, chili powder, jalapeno pepper, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add the chicken breasts. Refrigerate overnight.
Heat a grill with coals and brush the rack with oil to prevent the chicken from sticking. Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade, sprinkle well with salt and pepper, and grill them skin-side down for about 5 minutes, until nicely browned. Turn the chicken and cook for another 10 minutes, until just cooked through. Remove from the grill to a plate. Cover tightly and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.