With all of the holiday get-togethers in the month of December, it's good to have a go-to appetizer. This baked brie is great to serve to guests and easy to take along so that you don't show up to a party empty handed.
What you'll need:
- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet), thawed according to package directions
- 1 (8-ounce) Brie cheese round
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. water
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Place the cheese in the center. Fold the pastry up over the cheese to cover. Trim the excess pastry and press to seal. Reserve the pastry scraps for decoration.
- Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork or whisk. Brush the seam of the pastry with the egg mixture. Place seam-side down onto a baking sheet. Decorate with the pastry scraps, if desired. Brush with the egg mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Let stand for 20 minutes before serving