So...I'm not sure how I feel about the name of these cookies: Garbage Cookies? For real? Then I realized that these cookies actually come with many names. Monster cookies, Everything cookies, Kitchen Cupboard Cookies. Many names, and also many recipes to make the same cookie. I found this one on www.iambaker.com. I like that she starts out with a basic oatmeal cookie recipe and then makes it her own.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whole oats
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- In medium bowl sift flour, baking
- soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and all spice. In separate large
- bowl, cream together shortening, brown sugar, and white sugar until
- fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Combine well.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Then add oats, cranberries, and chocolate if you so desire.
- Use 1/4 cup and scoop onto cookie sheet... you should get about 6 per sheet.
- Bake for at least 8 minutes, but most likely will bake for 12 depending on your stove.