Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 13, 2012

Taco Soup in the Crock Pot


I have been dying to try this recipe I found on Pinterest and last night I finally did.  I love Taco soup and this one was great.  It cooked all day and my house smelled amazing.  This was a chunky soup and was very filling.  I changed the recipe around just a little (not much) for this post, but the original recipe can be found by following the link.
Ingredients:
--2 cans of light red kidney beans

--2 cans of pinto beans

--2 cans of corn

--1 large can of diced tomatoes

--1 can tomatoes and chiles

--1 1/2 packets taco seasoning

--1 packet  dry ranch dressing mix

--1 1/2 lb browned ground turkey or hamburger

--shredded cheese and sour cream for embelishment

The Directions:

--brown meat and drain all grease

--add meat to crockpot

--sprinkle seasoning packets on top of meat

--drain and rinse the beans and add

--add the ENTIRE contents of the corn and tomato cans
--stir.

cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5. I think the longer you cook soup, the better, so if you have the time, opt for cooking on low. Stir well, and serve with a handful of shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream.


http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/02/original-taco-soup-crockpot-recipe.html

No comments:

Post a Comment