- Sweep front steps and clean front door glass.
- Carry a laundry basket throughout the house, picking up clutter. Stash out of sight.
- Clean up trash, throw it out, and line trash receptacles with clean liners.
- Wipe down any dirty areas in the bathrooms using household cleaner and paper towels.
- Apply toilet bowl cleaner in the toilets and give them a quick brushing.
- Wipe down bathroom floors with a damp towel.
- Hang fresh hand towels and put out fresh hand soap.
- Close the doors to rooms (e.g. bedrooms) your guests don't need to use.
- Vacuum high-traffic areas guests will see.
- Dust wood floors quickly using a dust mop.
- Wipe down kitchen counters with household cleaner.
- Clean out the refrigerator, discarding leftovers and expired food. Move large containers to the back of the fridge to make room for food and beverages guests bring.
- Straighten stacks of magazines and books.
- Straighten sofa pillows.
- Straighten coat closet, making room to hang guests' outerwear.
- Light scented candles to give your home a fresh, clean aroma.
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
1-Hour Quick-Clean Plan
Don't Panic! Think you can't clean your home in an hour? Think again. These quick-fix chores target highly visible areas in your home and places that attract the most mess, so you can tidy the spots your guests will most likely see and save the rest for another day