Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pampered Chef Chicken Penne al Fresco

I am having  Pampered Chef party tomorrow night and I'm really excited!  I love Pampered Chef and I believe in their products.  Some of my favorite things in my kitchen came from one of their parties or a catalog order.  And, no, I'm not a sales rep.  I just love their stuff!!!

While thinking about this upcoming party, I started going through my recipes for dinner ideas.  I found this PC recipe for Chicken Penne al Fresco and made it last night for dinner.  It turned out so yummy! 

 Pampered Chef - Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco
Picture from plainchicken.com




4 garlic cloves, minced

2 cups whole grape or cherry tomatoes

3 cups uncooked mezze penne pasta (or any tubular pasta)

3 cups chicken broth

¾ cup dry white wine such as Chardonnay

½ tsp each salt and pepper

1 ¼ cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves divided

½ cup grated Parmesan cheese

1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

2 cups diced grilled chicken breasts

 

Spray Deep Covered Baker with olive oil.  Add baker and tomatoes, cover and microwave 4-5 minutes or until tomatoes begin to burst, stirring after 2 minutes.  Crush tomatoes using Mix ‘N Chop.  Add  pasta, broth, wine, salt and pepper.

Return baker to microwave; cover and microwave 18-20 minutes or until pasta is tender.  Stir after 10 minutes.  Meanwhile, coarsely chop basil.

Add basil, grated cheese, and chicken to baker and mix well.  Sprinkle with shredded cheese, cover, and cook 1 more minute to melt cheese. 

No comments:

Post a Comment