4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound red potatoes, cubed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and
- microwave on high for 4 minutes or until tender; drain.
- In a large skillet, saute kielbasa and onion in oil until onion is
- tender. Add potatoes; saute 3-5 minutes longer or until kielbasa and
- potatoes are lightly browned.
- Combine the brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, thyme and pepper; stir
- into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for
- 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Add spinach and bacon; cook and
- stir until spinach is wilted. Yield: 4 servings.
© Taste of Home 2012